Information we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Information you provide ? When you sign up for a Betacular Account, we ask you for personal information. We may combine the information you submit under your account with information from other Betacular services or third parties in order to provide you with a better experience and to improve the quality of our services.
- Log information ? When you access Betacular services via a browser, application or other client our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- Service usage ? Our services employ Google Analytics for collecting anonymous service usage data. This data is stored on Google servers in the United States of America and anonymous in that it is not linked to a particular user or account. We use this information to derive statistics on how our users interact with our services, helping us to improve the quality of our services. Usage data may include information such as which parts of the services you use, when and how often you use them, and your Internet Protocol address along with the name, version and language of the software you use for accessing the services.
- User communications ? When you send email or other communications to Betacular, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
In addition to the above, we may use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect, and improve our services and develop new services; and
- Protect the rights or property of Betacular.
If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
Betacular processes personal information on servers in the United Kingdom.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Betacular features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Betacular only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Betacular in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Betacular, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to Betacular employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
December 27, 2010